Translate

Friday, April 26, 2024

Garden of Eden Quilt

 A number of years ago, I collected an antique quilt even though it is in very poor condition and even though the piecing on it was not accurate or up to our current high standards. This quilt was obviously made for utilitarian reasons and it has been used extensively. Patches have worn off and some fabrics have faded. Nonetheless, I love it for its wonky layout and its use of many blue fabrics ranging from light blue to a very dark blue.


 

This past week as I was perusing my Facebook page, I spotted an advertisement by Connecting Threads. Right away I contacted the company and ordered two sets of blue fabrics that ranged from light to dark. The fabrics and a photo of my old quilt will be the inspiration for a new twin size quilt that I plan to make.

This morning I printed out rotary cutting directions for #1873 (Garden of Eden) from Blockbase, a software program by Barbara Brackman that is so useful in block construction. I am pretty certain that the maker of this quilt did not have a rotary cutter available.. 

No comments: