Translate

Thursday, March 3, 2022

Ukrainian Embroidery

 In 1997/1998, I had the privilege of taking a group correspondence course through the Embroiderers' Guild of America. The course centered on Ukrainian embroidery. Course requirements were to complete two Samplers and one free-standing rose pattern worked with waste canvas over white cloth in typical colors of red and black stitches (on a white background).

I loved this course and earned a certificate of completion. In the meantime, I collected several books on Ukrainian embroidery which I find to be very beautiful!

Here are photos of my counted thread work and I am including a photo of Sunflowers, the national flower of Ukraine. Our hearts stand with the Ukrainian people during this time of great suffering and war. We pray for peace!






1 comment:

riya patel said...

To write a beautiful post it is very important to write a beautiful content and you have created a very nice design and I got a lot of inspiration from your post and I also want to have nice and beautiful post like you in my life. college girl aerocity
Gurugram Girl Phone Number
Cheap price girls gurgaon
low price girls sector 29
gurugram Girl phone number
Bhiwadi Real Photos Girl
Manesar VIP Photos Girl
Gurugram hell girl