Translate

Thursday, January 4, 2018

Two Years Already?

This morning I posted to Facebook that it had been a year since I made a quilt for Hillary Clinton. Then I got to thinking. Just to be certain, I looked it up in my diary and yes, two years have already passed. The new person in the White House has been in place for one year!

My tribute quilt for Hillary Clinton in red, black and white finished in August 2016
 and given to her in person in January 2016.


I heard on the news last night that there was a fire at Hillary Clinton's home in New York. As it turns out, the fire was contained to an outbuilding, thank goodness. I hope the quilt is still safe. She sent me a very nice thank you note for the quilt and for the copy of my book Sweetheart & Mother Pillows.

This coming year I hope to do a lot more quilting than I did in 2017. I would also like to re-visit some embroidery techniques. Currently, I am still hand quilting on a queen size, all-white, wholecloth quilt. I listen to a music CD while quilting or sometimes two CDs. It is coming along. I have several other projects in progress that I have not touched in awhile. Of course, I am making a special quilt for my son that is taking longer than anticipated.

Hope you all are enjoying 2018! We are under heavy snow conditions today and it is very cold and has been for days now. It helps that I am married to an optimist who has already planned out his garden for next year and has even ordered the seeds! Think green and flowers. It may help you to get through these long days and nights of being housebound because of the weather. I speak for myself!

Happy Quilting!

Patricia Cummings
January 4, 2018



No comments: