Translate

Saturday, May 8, 2021

Woodland Creatures Quilt

 I have just completed a quilt top that I am calling "Woodland Creatures." Each hexagon in the hexagon rosettes is fussy-cut and represent various animals. There are bunnies, deer, bears, owls, chickadees, hedgehogs, etc.  In person, the quilt is very colorful!



The hexagon rosettes are appliqued onto various brown print fabrics. The alternate blocks are pink fabrics that I had in my "stash." The border is a batik brown print. I really enjoyed putting this quilt top together. I planned it as I went along. I kind of outsmarted myself. Initially, I cut the brown blocks at 8" square. By the time I had appliqued on the hexagon rosettes, I needed to square up the blocks to measure 7 1/4" which leaves me with blocks that are 6 3/4" square when sewn into the quilt. I have always enjoyed seeing quilts that have a combination of brown and pink squares. I'll be happy to put on the binding and label, once I get it back from the machine quilter. This "snuggle" quilt measures 58" long x 45" wide.

Patricia Cummings

 

No comments: