Translate

Saturday, March 25, 2017

Announcement



Hello friends,

I have an announcement to make. I am in the process of taking down my main website which has been in place since 2002. For 15 years, Quilter's Muse Publications has provided quality educational articles and special features. At the moment, it is a shadow of its former self when there were many song files offered, crossword puzzles, quilt show reviews and so much more. In 2011, the site was badly-hacked and had to be re-established. I never quite recovered my momentum.

Then in 2014, The Quilter magazine for which I was a columnist for 15 years (since 1999) folded. Without traffic being driven to my site by constant exposure through the column, readership began to diminish. In addition to that, I have been unable to change, update or add new files to that site ever since the ownership of the server changed. It has been a frustrating experience in that regard but at one time, the site was a great joy to me and a major way to share my love of quilts and needlework.

As soon as I can manage it, I'll remove the website. I will continue, however, to write articles on this Google blog even though I am "retiring" from the other site. My love of old quilts and of the quilting process itself has not diminished. I have been quilting since 1985 and plan to continue doing so as long as my eyes and hands "hold up." Right now, neither of those are a problem. My eyesight is 20/20 and I have no issues with carpal tunnel or arthritis, thank goodness.

So, things change. Anyone can reach me at quiltersmuse@gmail.com if you wish to send me an e-mail.


Patricia Cummings


No comments: