Translate

Thursday, April 30, 2020

Cloth Dolls to Love

Today I am going to show you a collection of cloth dolls I collected a few years ago. I purchased them at an antiques shop. They are small, printed and embroidered, and each has a number at the bottom. I am wondering if anyone has any information about them (such as who the print manufacturer was and when they were printed). They are really charming! The "backs" are printed and embroidered, too. Hope you enjoy seeing them. All photos were taken by James Cummings.








There are seven of them in all. The boy with the dog and watermelons and the man playing a banjo make me think of these dolls as having a southern theme. They will all be going to a good home - to a collector of cloth dolls. I hope she enjoys them as much as I have!

Please leave a comment if you have any further information about them. Thanks!




No comments: