Translate

Friday, May 2, 2014

Merrimack Valley Quilters Guild - 34th Quilt Show

The Merrimack Valley Quilters Guild's annual show is currently set up at Timberlane Regional Middle School, 44 Greenough Road, Plaistow, NH. Hours tomorrow are from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. On opening day today, there was much excitement about the quilts entered into the show and in vendor's booth. There are plenty of opportunities to spend money, that's for sure. The admission price is $8. dollars. The queen size Raffle Quilt called "Sea Glass" is on display and was machine quilted by Carrie Zizza.


Zen Kitty by Beverly Walie would get my "vote" for the most unusual depiction of a car...ever!


Of the many photos that James Cummings took, including some of his favorites, I picked a few to edit and share with you in the hope that if you are anywhere near the show tomorrow, you will plan to visit.


"Snowy" is based on a photo taken by Ruth Martineau's son. I love this quilt! 


"Beach Scene" pulled me right into the landscape with its bright, hopeful sky in the distance. I love this quilt, too!



Jim really likes the work of Janice Jones, the show's featured quilter. She has been featured in several magazine.

Update on the Home Front

I hope this little article was of interest to you. I have so many projects and things to do, I keep meeting myself coming back. You know what I mean. On top of that, I have several books the are demanding my attention. We established a hummingbird feeder station at one of the windows in the den where we feed suet to the woodpeckers and other winter birds; and at the other window, we set up a station for feeding Baltimore Orioles who seem to come around at apple blossom time, not far away.

This week I collected some new houseplants and Jim planted potatoes, onions, leeks, etc., and did the first lawn mowing of the season. There is always so much to do. We work all the time. Although when I think of it, not to work is just not appealing to either Jim or I. Sometimes, we take a very short break as we did today to go enjoy the show. Happy Quilting, Pat and Jim


No comments: