Translate

Saturday, July 5, 2014

Featured in Quilter's Newsletter magazine

Featured in Quilter's Newsletter magazine
7/5/2014
Patricia L. Cummings



It was my pleasure to have been asked some questions about how to price quilts for sale. Of course, it is a deep subject that depends on many factors, as one can well imagine. The magazine arrived today and my answers to the questions posed appear on page 40 in an article by Gigi Khalsa titled "What's Your Quilt Worth?"

I can remember one June when I was thrilled to meet Helen Kelley, a past contributor who had a regular column in the magazine, and who has now passed on unfortunately. She and I were at the Vermont Quilt Festival and struck up a conversation outside the lunchroom. She graciously asked me to sit with her at the table reserved for teachers. Every time that QNM appears in my mailbox, it was her column to which I would turn, charmed by her keen sense of humor.

Is it even possible that Quilter's Newsletter has been published for 45 years? I have been quilting for 30 years and widely-published for the last 15 years. Time flies!

I am honored to be a part of the magazine in this issue. The magazine, having been the first one totally dedicated to quilting and quilts, has made its mark. It has meant a lot to me over the years as it has for many quilters. When it arrives, I stop whatever I am doing and set aside all other tasks to see what is "new" in the quilt world. Not all quilts are created "equal" as you probably have guessed if you are a quilter. I am sure you will enjoy reading more about this topic and will enjoy hearing the opinions of some other quilt professionals.

!

No comments: