Translate

Saturday, April 19, 2014

Spring: A Time of New Beginnings

Spring: A Time of New Beginnings

Patricia L. Cummings


The past few weeks, I have been slowly and methodically taking down tons of previously published work on the Web. My husband also terminated his blog about vintage cooking. Our website was huge, a monster, in fact. We created it in good faith and it has served a purpose but now, we must turn to other activities that are fun. Maintaining all of the interfaces on FB, the blogs, and the website just became too overwhelming, too much of a "chore" rather than a pleasure, and activities that were supported by us alone. I was very grateful for the one contribution of about $20 dollars that we received a few years ago. But then, I never expected nor did I demand any donations from readers.

Seems as though we can better use our skills in a different way and will continue to see God's plan for our lives as it unravels.

The good news is that the 5 page special feature that Jim and I collaborated on for the next issue of The Quilter will begin to be distributed next week. The topic, you ask? Why, none other than President Calvin Coolidge's quilt as well as other quilts and textiles owned by the President Calvin Coolidge State Historic Site in Plymouth Notch, Vermont! We were blessed to have been able to photograph the items placed on exhibit something that will not occur again in "our' lifetimes.

Happy Easter 2014
photo by James Cummings
Vintage  hand-quilted quilt, pillow by Renate, and small stuffed rabbit

If anyone knows the name of this particular Black and White rabbit, we'd love to hear from you.

My editor at the magazine has two additional articles that I've submitted already, so you will probably be seeing my name there for at least a while longer.

Quilter's Newsletter magazine asked for my opinions a short time ago and I sat right down for three hours straight to write answers to their questions. That information is scheduled to appear in one of their summer issues.

The quilt show circuit beckons and so you may see us at some of those (in New England). Yes, we are "around," even if our Internet work will be diminishing.

I am looking forward to more time for enjoying life in a more laid-back way while working on creative projects. For now, I'll leave this blog in place. I appreciate everyone who has told us that they enjoy our work. Tonight, I am feeling tired, yet resolved. I like the words "semi-retired" and I suppose that is our goal. We have worked very hard for so long, for so little, it is a wonder that we did work that hard. Yet, it is in my blood to write as well as to quilt, knit, crochet, paint, etc....

Sending our best for a Blessed Easter and a Happy Spring!

Patricia and James Cummings




No comments: