Translate

Saturday, June 21, 2014

Wondering about your Love Status?

Wondering about your Love Status?

Patricia L. Cummings

With the hundreds of daisies in the city park next to my house, anyone could have a heyday in trying to determine is "she loves me, she loves me not." Photo by James Cummings

Wondering about your love status? We have the answer!

Jim Cummings took this photo at my request. It reminds me of some Redwork embroidery designs that look as though the little boy is pondering an age old question. As he picks off the petals, he says "She loves me, she loves me not" until all the daisy petals are gone. The one he ends on reveals the truth of the matter.

I love Redwork, the first type of embroidery I ever learned how to do! Books I have written, now available on CD-ROM, are titled: 1)  Redwork Renaissance II, (a greatly expanded version of Redwork Renaissance); 2) Redwork Embroidery and Needlework Traditions in Europe and America and 3)  Antique Redwork Designs from New Hampshire (a compilation of the books Emma's Quilt and Just for Fun Redwork. All of these products are available  For pricing and other information, please write to me at quiltersmuse@gmail.com

In the meantime, do pick the daisies, and/or think about embroidery some! A bouquet picked from this field would never be missed!


No comments: